Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Friday, April 24, 2009

Celebrating 30 Years


Here is a little post script to the previous entry, “Time of Glory”, posted on April 21.

One of the first articles I ever wrote about rowing was about Jack Farrell as a coach. (In this old picture from 1917, Farrell is sitting at the head of the table.) Yesterday, when I was flipping through some old Swedish rowing magazines, I happened to come across my article on Farrell, published in 1980 in the Swedish Rowing Association’s RODD. The way I remember it was that prior to that article, I had only written and published one article, about The Boat Race. I managed to find that article too, and I saw that it was actually published already in March 1979, in a local newspaper (and later reprinted in RODD).

This in fact means that I, this spring 2009, celebrate thirty years as a rowing scribe of some sort. Three decades - how is this possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment