Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Peter Finds A Publisher

The other day, I received an e-mail from rowing historian Peter Mallory of San Diego. He had some exiting news about his forthcoming book that I would like to share with you all. Peter writes,

“I am extremely pleased to announce that the publisher of The Sport of Rowing, Two Centuries of Competition will be the River & Rowing Museum of Henley-on-Thames in England. The Museum was opened in 1998 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the banks of the Thames near the course of the prestigious Henley Royal Regatta. The River & Rowing Museum is the international centre for rowing’s heritage, and I am honored and humbled for my book to be associated with such a fine institution.”

The good news continues: “I am also very pleased to announce that FISA President Denis Oswald has agreed to write a short introduction to the book,” Peter writes.

Read more on Peter’s website.

My warmest congratulations to Peter for landing such a distinguish publisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment